Friday, February 7, 2014

Characterize It is hosted by Em @ The YA Book Butterfly.
 
 
This week's theme is: Regular Old Gall - You know how some characters in books are so unrealistic? Can you come up with a really realistic character?
 
 
A lot of characters came to mind, and it was hard to choose between them all! But I finally settled on Amanda from The Jane Austen Diaries: Persuaded.
 
First off, The Jane Austen Diaries are fantastic retellings of classic Jane Austen novels that are set in modern times. Amanda was my favorite character out of all of them. She gave into peer pressure and refused to go out with a boy she really liked just because her friends thought he was a loser. She realized that she had made a mistake and swore to never turn Gregory down again if he asked her. But Gregory is still deeply hurt and doesn't want to take the chance of getting his heart broken again. Amanda became the sweetest girl ever and I loved that she took charge of her own life instead of letting her friends run it for her. Definitely give this book a try.
 
 
 
Who do you think the most realistic character is?

2 comments:

  1. I love this series! I still have to read Emmalee, but I definitely enjoyed Persuaded. For realistic characters, I'd probably have to pick Gigi from Smart Girls Get What They Want or Elise from This Song Will Save Your Life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, a Jane Austen fan! I've heard a lot of good things about This Song Will Save Your Life, so I'm thinkin it should be on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete