Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Top Ten Reasons Why I Love Being A Reader And Book Blogger.
I'm A Reader Because...
1. I love learning things about other places and cultures that I wouldn't have known about otherwise.
2. I like reliving the past, and playing around with theories on what the future might end up like. (I read a lot of historical and dystopia novels, hence my answer.)
3. I LOVE being inside another person's head. There are a lot of personality types and traits that baffle me, so reading from their perspective makes it easier to understand them.
4. I'm an English nut, so I love to read because it expands my vocabulary and improves my spelling. (Silly answer, I know. But it's true)
5. I like stepping into someone else's shoes and experiencing a life that's different from mine. (I'm not trying to escape reality. I just like being a part of someone else's life, and feeling like I've lived it with them.)
I'm A Book Blogger Because...
6. I like sharing my opinions and hearing what others have to say. My friends don't have the same taste in books as I do, so our discussions don't last as long as I would like. Lol.
7. I love discovering new, fantastical reads! Thanks to the blogsphere, I've gotten a hold of several books that I fell head over heels for.
8. I like talking with people who have the same interests as me. Where I live, only a handful of people read. Seriously. So you can imagine my excitement when I get on blogs and read reviews on books that I loved too.
9. I love taking up new hobbies. Since I'm reading most of the time and sharing my book finds with others, I decided to add blogging along with my gazillion other hobbies, and it was one of the best things I ever did!
10. I hope it will bring me back to my love of writing. I used to love to write when I was little, and my teachers always said it was something I should pursue. But as I got older, it became more of a chore rather than for fun. So long story short, I hated to write and almost never did. But I was still told that it was something I was good at. So now that I have a blog, it forces me to write again. And truth be told, it's getting easier to do. Still tedious, but getting better. :)
And there you have it! Why do YOU love being a reader and book blogger? Have a great Tuesday!