Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
 
 
Top Ten Reasons Why I Love Being A Reader And Book Blogger.
 
 
 
I'm A Reader Because... 
 
1. I love learning things about other places and cultures that I wouldn't have known about otherwise.
 
2. I like reliving the past, and playing around with theories on what the future might end up like. (I read a lot of historical and dystopia novels, hence my answer.)
 
3. I LOVE being inside another person's head. There are a lot of personality types and traits that baffle me, so reading from their perspective makes it easier to understand them.
 
4. I'm an English nut, so I love to read because it expands my vocabulary and improves my spelling. (Silly answer, I know. But it's true)
 
5. I like stepping into someone else's shoes and experiencing a life that's different from mine. (I'm not trying to escape reality. I just like being a part of someone else's life, and feeling like I've lived it with them.)  
 
 
I'm A Book Blogger Because...
 
6. I like sharing my opinions and hearing what others have to say. My friends don't have the same taste in books as I do, so our discussions don't last as long as I would like. Lol.  
 
7. I love discovering new, fantastical reads! Thanks to the blogsphere, I've gotten a hold of several books that I fell head over heels for.
 
8. I like talking with people who have the same interests as me. Where I live, only a handful of people read. Seriously. So you can imagine my excitement when I get on blogs and read reviews on books that I loved too.  
 
9. I love taking up new hobbies. Since I'm reading most of the time and sharing my book finds with others, I decided to add blogging along with my gazillion other hobbies, and it was one of the best things I ever did!
 
10. I hope it will bring me back to my love of writing. I used to love to write when I was little, and my teachers always said it was something I should pursue. But as I got older, it became more of a chore rather than for fun. So long story short, I hated to write and almost never did. But I was still told that it was something I was good at. So now that I have a blog, it forces me to write again. And truth be told, it's getting easier to do. Still tedious, but getting better. :)
 
And there you have it! Why do YOU love being a reader and book blogger? Have a great Tuesday!  
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I love having people to talk to about books too. I've been doing this for so long now that I almost forget that it's not normal to have people to talk to about books. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a luxury we take for granted until we no longer have bookish people to talk to. :)

      Delete
  2. Those are really awesome points! I totally agree with you :D

    My Top Ten this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I don't always BUT sometimes I like to try to predict the endings of books too! There is a book I'm reading now along with someone else and I'm making theories and predictions and it is kind of fun because I'm just getting to the point where the plot lines are converging so I will see if I'm right in ANY WAY or if I'm way off base!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I'm sure your theories aren't that far off.I usually have a general idea about what's going to happen, but there was this one book that totally blew my mind. It's called "The Unexpected Guest" by Agatha Christie and you should look into it. I might review it in a couple of days.

      Delete