Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
 
 
This week's theme is Top Ten Tuesday: Rewind!
 
I decided to go back and pick one that I didn't have a chance to do before: Top Ten Childhood Favorites. Be warned.... I read some books that were definitely not for children, but I loved them anyway. :)
 
 
1. The Wayside School Trilogy. I own these books and have re-read them multiple times over the years. I love all the quirky characters, and the story lines are just freaking hilarious!
 
2. Chocolate Covered Ants. This book was read to me in the fourth grade, and I later bought it and read it for myself. It's definitely one of my favorites, and I love a good sibling rivalry.
 
3. The Nancy Drew Mystery Series. I went through a span where I only read Nancy Drew books and absolutely nothing else! The books are a little too "kiddy" for my taste now, but I've satisfied my addiction with the PC games. Lol. (Don't judge me!)
 
4. Green Eggs and Ham. What kid doesn't love Dr. Seuss?
 
5. Out of the Dust. I've always felt a strong connection to this book, though I don't understand why. It's extremely depressing and kind of mature for young kids, but I liked it a lot.
 
6. Daniel's Walk. I honestly remember nothing about this book, but I do remember loving the crap out of it.
 
7. Any Agatha Christie Book. This is what I meant by not suitable for children. I was reading these fantastic murder mysteries while all the other kids were reading "normal stuff". I liked being my weird self back then.
 
8. Maggie's Door. This is another one that I thought was amazing, but I can only recall bits and pieces of the story.
 
9. The Click Clack Moo Series. I own four of these books, and I read them off and on when I need a good laugh! They are so funny, and you are missing out on life if you've never read them before.
 
10. Scrapbook of America Series by Pamela Dell. She wrote this INCREDIBLE book series about real and historical events. All of her characters were charming and likeable. Every story was well written, and had so much heart in it. I really can't praise these books enough. If you're interested, try reading either "Tag-Along Tay", "Shaky Bones", or "Giles and Metacom" first. I will warn you that some are expensive and hard to find.   


There's my Top Ten Tuesday for the week! Did I list any books that YOU might have read as a kid? Leave a link so I can drop by :)

4 comments:

  1. I adored the Wayside School trilogy as a kid! I thought they were the funniest things ever :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! One of my favorite childhood memories :)

      Delete
  2. Hey! I read Out Of The Dust!
    The other ones I have not read, well except Green Eggs and a few Nancy Drew's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's cool that you read that book too! Thanks for stopping by my TTT

      Delete