Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
 
 
This week's theme is:
Top Ten Popular Authors I've Never Read
 
 
1. Veronica Rossi. I've heard good things about the "Under The Never Sky" series, but I haven't gotten around to reading them yet.
 
2. V.C Andrews. I've been wanting to read "Flowers In The Attic" ever since I heard about its controversial stuff. I'm really into books that take big risks.
 
3. Gayle Forman. I own a copy of "If I Stay" that the library was giving away, but I haven't ventured to read it yet.
 
4. R.L Stine. I love the "Goosebumps" movies and television shows, but I don't think I ever bothered to read one of the books.
 
5. Earnest Hemingway. I own a LOT of classics, and I've read quite a few of them. But Hemingway is one that I've never had much interest in. His books seem like they would be really boring.
 
6. Richelle Mead. I don't like vampire books. I read "Twilight", but that was it for me.
 
7. Lauren Kate. I've glanced at her books a few times, and the covers are really pretty, but I'm just not feelin' it.
 
8. F. Scott Fitzgerald. I own "The Great Gatsby" and do plan on reading it eventually, just haven't had the time.
 
9. Rick Riordan. I like the "Percy Jackson" movies, but doubt that I will like the books. I might give them a try one day, but it won't be for a while.
 
10. J.K Rowling. Yes! It is true. Never read "Harry Potter". I own all of the movies....and all of the books. But I'm afraid that if I read the books, I won't like the movies anymore, because you know, the books are almost always better than the movies. So I've been holding off on this one.
 
 
What popular authors have you not read? Have you read any books by the authors I mentioned above? Leave a link to your TTT, if you'd like, so I can drop by!

10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! You've never read V C Andrews?!?
    I loved her when I was a teen (oops dating myself there!)
    I've read about 4 of her series.

    I've read If I Stay, It was amazing! It is the kind of book that gives you goosebumps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, what's wrong with me?! I'm sure V.C Andrews will be great once I get around to it. Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  2. R.L. Stine!!! I don't think I would be the same person if I had never read Fear Street. It was my whole LIFE in middle school :) Also no HP?? I think you would still love the movies if you read the books. I saw the first 2 movies before I read the books and they have a different feel to them so you can easily separate. But I can't talk bc I haven't read The Hunger Games so.....

    Cute Blog BTW :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You. Haven't. Read. The Hunger Games?? Oh man, you have to read it when you get the chance! R.L Stine was a big deal for a lot of my friends in school too lol. Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

      Delete
  3. All I thought when I saw your list was OMG! You've never read...RL Stine! Lol the others, not even JK Rowling, shock me as much. You should try to read at least one of his books, maybe a YA instead of the Goosebumps series. They're a lot of fun! You have a few authors that I haven't read either, and some that I didn't even think of!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know R.L. Stine wrote YA novels! That's really cool, I thought he just did the Goosebumps stuff. I'll check into that. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  4. Oh R.L Stine - brings back good memories of childhood reading!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *sigh* Shoulda jumped on that R.L. Stine band wagon in school.

      Delete
  5. Definitely read Fitzgerald! He's a classic. I think you'll really enjoy him. Besides The Great Gatsby is timeless. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Great Gatsby does sound super good! And the movie doesn't look bad either. Thanks for dropping in!

      Delete