Sunday, February 8, 2015

ARC Review: Accept This Dandelion

Title: Accept This Dandelion
Author: Brooke Williams
Publisher: Prism Book Group
Publication Date: February 4th 2015
Pages: 148
Genre: Romantic Comedy
My Rating: 3 Starfish


Renee Lockhart has her eye on a lofty goal…to fill the open position of morning radio show host on a nearby secular station. When her co-workers sign her up for a local TV version of “the Bachelor,” Renee goes along with it in order to raise her profile. Ben McConnell, one of the most eligible bachelors in town, insists that Renee be placed on the show, despite her bumbling audition. Ben gets much more than he expected in Renee. He gets a girl who doesn’t bow to his every whim…and a girl who opens his eyes to true, unexpected love. Enjoy a local version of the popular "Bachelor" TV show...where nothing can go right for Renee! - Summary and cover image from Goodreads



I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.



This book was really hard for me to get into at first. The writing wasn't what I'm used to (I don't want to say that it was too simple because that's not entirely correct, but something about it made it hard to picture the people, places, etc.. in my head). And a lot of phrases were repeated several times throughout, which was a bit of an overkill. However, about a fourth of the way into it, I was able to look past the writing style and invest in the storyline. I really did start to enjoy the book despite it's funky beginning.

The characters were all well-rounded and likeable (especially Mister smooth-talking bachelor, YUM!), and the dialogue was very believable! In fact, that might be my favorite thing about the book. I loved all of the flirting going on between the two leads! Almost all of their conversations had me sighing or laughing out loud! Seriously, this book was a lot funnier than I expected it to be. All of Renee's clumsy accidents were hilarious and made me able to relate to her. (It's always nice when a main character isn't the most perfect girl in the world that can't even trip once on her high heels cause she's so perfect. You know the kind I'm talking about.) so it was definitely a breath of fresh air to see a hot guy fall for a normal girl!

This book took me by surprise with it's humor and sweet romance. Despite the problems I had with the writing style, I would recommend it to any hopeless romantic in need of a fun, quick read.










No comments:

Post a Comment