Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Belated Book Haul!

I've been on a book buying ban since early last year. But when Christmas rolled around, I decided to treat myself to a few goodies. So here's my belated Christmas book haul!


The Catcher In The Rye by J.D. Salinger

This book is about a cynical young man, who recounts the events of a few difficult days in his life. I'm a huge fan of stories featuring unreliable narrators. I am BEYOND excited to read this one!

I Kill The Mockingbird by Paul Acampora

This book is about three kids, who learn that their class isn't crazy about the idea of reading a classic, so they devise a plan to get the whole town talking about "To Kill A Mockingbird". It's "Middle Grade" centered around a classic novel. Definitely sounds like an interesting read!  

Ten Good And Bad Things About My Life So Far by Ann M. Martin

This is about a girl, who has a lot of good (and bad!) things going on in her life right now, like the fact that her and her male BFF are trying to figure out if they really can be "just friends". I was attracted to this book because reviews said it contains little to know romance, and I really wanted something different from what I've been reading lately.
  
Skullduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy

A "Middle Grade" fantasy novel about a skeleton and a young girl, who band together to retrieve a magic Sceptre and stop evil forces from taking over the world. This sounds like a super fun book! I have heard nothing but good things about the title character.  

The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart

An ad seeking gifted young children for a series of tests, eventually selects four kids to be sent out on a secret mission. This book has certainly attracted a lot of attention! I'm looking forward to reading a book with such positive reviews backing it up!


As you can see, there's a "Middle Grade" theme happening! I thought I might detour from the YA route for a little while, and hopefully these books will be just what I need!

Happy Reading Everyone!











No comments:

Post a Comment